A Territory Labor Government will boost the tourism industry in the Northern Territory with initiatives designed to boost tourist numbers from India and China and renew, refresh and create interesting tourist attractions.
Territory Labor will bring back the Arafura Games, and engage with Asia to make the event as big and effective as possible.
Labor will also boost tourism attractions by investing $100 million in a nationally Iconic Indigenous Arts Trail across the Territory.
The Indigenous Arts Trail will include:
- $50M for the Iconic National Indigenous Art Gallery in Alice Springs.
- $20M an Iconic National Indigenous Cultural Centre in Alice Springs
- $30M for Gallery Wings in Katherine, Tennant Creek and Arnhemland
- Linking Community Galleries
- Capital Grants for Community Galleries